Thursday, May 29, 2008

Careful...Crazy Lady on the Road










Okay, well I was going to my dentist appointment. And so I was all by myself, Wes came home to stay with the kids. I was on my way and I must of been daydreaming thinking how good it was to drive in a quiet car. The radio was off, the windows were down and then all of the sudden there was a white car right in front of me. I didn't even have time to react and push on my brakes. I ran a red light and hit the judges wife up here. From all that I know she is doing okay. She did go to the ER and got check out but I don't know the result of that. But everyone I have asked about her says she is okay, just a little shook up. I was going about 40 mph and hit her on the driver side back tire. I am lucky that it isn't as bad as it could of been. Both of my airbags deployed and it felt like my face ran into a brick wall. My knees hit the dash below the steering wheel and got cut and bruised. I am a little sore in my back and neck but not to bad. At first I refused to go to the hospital. But then I started to get a really bad headache and felt like I just wanted to lay down in the middle of the road and go to sleep. The EMT came to check on me again and he said it would be wise to go to the ER. So I got to ride in an Ambulance. I asked if they could turn on the lights and sirens but told me no. It was pretty cool, but don't ever want to do it again. James heard about it and came down to the ER and Wes and James gave me a blessing. Our car is totaled and now we are looking for a suburban to buy since our family is growing and we need more room anyways. Pretty dramatic last couple of days

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany...I know we haven't met yet...but here's a hug from me! From reading about your last few days...just stay home! :)Summer

The Mighty Miners said...

Okay so i was looking at the white car pictures thinking...I thought they had a red car. Our computer connection is SOOO slow as you figured out from us trying to give you a link yesterday, but looks bad enough, We're SOOO glad that you are okay. Thank goodness SOMEONE ELSE Was watching out for you better than you were :) take it easy!

The Mighty Miners said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Mighty Miners said...

by the way, I really like your new blog background!

The Wheelers said...

man! i'm sorry! did you break your windshield too? by the way, i made it to and from my dentist appt. okay.

Lori said...

Brittany how scary! If you wanted a ride in the ambulance there is other ways to do that! Glad everyone is okay! Good luck on the suburban search! Hear you met MaryAnn she is an awesome person.

Teanne said...

That looks bad! I'm glad you are ok. Must've been scary.

Melissa said...

WOW...I totally checked out your blog possibly moments before you posted all this interesting stuff. I thought you'd be able to come up today, but we missed you. Hey, email me about some layers swimwear...interested... I'm glad everyone is okay and that you don't have a boring monotonous existance. Mayley is getting SO big...

Martinez Family said...

Sorry to hear about your accident! :( Hopefully you'll be 100% better soon! My mom is still recovering from a car accident, YEARS later!! --No fun! On the bright side... a new car is exciting! :)

Mary Anne said...

oh my gosh! I'm so glad that you are okay...it is pretty much the scariest and most embarrassing thing to get in a car accident that was your fault. Trust me, I know (who can forget the van running into the bank?) Seriously, it looks like your days have been full of "excitement"! you are such a good sport...and now you can get a new car! That's always fun :)