Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our yard Sale Treasures

Every Saturday we love to go to yard sale. Today we found some exciting treasures so I had to post pictures. First we found a 12 inch dutch oven for $15. That is really good for a dutch oven. Wes is pretty excited about that. The second is beautiful violins that need a lot of work, but will be very worth it in the end. I got them for $100 for both. It is a really long story about both of them but if the story is true about these violins I pretty much stole them. I am so excited about them and can't wait to get them restored. Hopefully that won't take to much money.


On your left is the violin that I call Julliard violin and the one on the right I'm calling the sister violin. If you know the story you will understand what I am talking about. But it is a long story and I am not the best at typing and don't have a lot of time either. So if you want to know the story you will have to call me.


The backs of the violins are beautiful!

3 comments:

Brian Reed said...

Oh those are treasures. I am excited to see in real life. tell Wes i can fix that lid lifter.

Brian Reed said...

They are awesome I can't wait see and hear them after Arvad fixes them Love ya, Mom

Rachel said...

Beautiful!!! I'd love to hear how they sound!