Monday, December 3, 2007

Home from the Hospital

Mayley in her Christmas outfit that my mom got for her. The hospital gave her the hat and they are so cute together.
The kids stayed with Grammy Tammy until Sunday evening. This is the first time that they saw Mayley. They all wanted to hold her but they do a good job at sharing her.
Here is our most recent family picture. I can't believe that we have 4 kids!!
She is a snuggler. I love holding her. She love to be held close and she wanted to suck on anything that is near her mouth. She even started to suck on my chin.
Labor Story:
We are finally home from the hospital and ready to start life with one more kid. When we got home my mom and dad, Briana and John all came up to see Mayley. We are so excited to have another girl in our family. She is so beautiful and Briley, Dayton and Colton want to hold her all the time. I am feeling really good after delivering her. We went in on Saturday morning for me to get induced. It took three nurses and four pokes for them to get an IV in me and it still wasn't in good. I couldn't move my arm at all or an alarm would go off and the nurse would have to came in and reset the IV again. They started the pitosin at 9:30 and it didn't really do anything until they broke my water at 2:00. The contractions got really hard and I dialated from a 4 to an 8 in an hour and a half. About 3:40 I started pushing and she was born at 3:51 PM. We are so excited to have a little girl.



4 comments:

Priceless Heritage said...

Yeah for another girl :) Congratulations you guys! I can't believe you have 4 kids! You are the woman Brit- no more natural for me EVER- give me all the meds! She is beautiful and such a great addition to your family! Can't wait to see little Maylee. I have so many pretty things for her already. :)

Priceless Heritage said...

Sorry- I already spelled her name wrong- it's Mayley- SO CUTE!

Jenn said...

Hey Brittany!
CONGRATS on your sweet new addition! She's just beautiful!

Mary Anne said...

Hey guys! Well we just wanted to say congratulations...we think she looks like Briley, and can't wait to see her in person! We have a blog too...I just sent out an email to some other family memebers but didn't have your email address, so now you can go check it out. It's fairly new, but fun!